We’ve just released a handful of updates focused on Maps, here’s the skinny:
EventBoard Conference Room Scheduling iOS 2.8.8
- New “snapback” function will bring the map back to its default position after 15 seconds of inactivity. This is ideal when using a display locked into “Maps Mode” at a central location, like an entryway or outside an elevator, so the map doesn’t stay centered on the area that the last user zoomed in on.
- Oh, you don’t know about Maps Mode? Don’t worry, that’s by design. You know how In-N-Out Burger has the secret menu, with items like Animal Style? Well, this is our equivalent. If you’re a customer using our Maps feature, give us a shout and we’ll get Maps Mode turned on for you – as long as you promise to provide feedback that will help us get it launched in a proper way to the masses.
- We’re growing with you. We’ve increased the results returned from 10 to 50. Previously, we’d only return 10 results of any type: campus, building or floor. This only impacted organizations with more than 10 of any single type, but now that’s a thing of the past.
- We’ve neutralized the background color behind the maps, so it’ll blend in better with your brand. The purple is gone and now you’ll see a more neutral grey.
- When a floor has no maps attached to it, that dropdown no longer has an active state.
Flightboard + Maps
- Flightboard now supports Maps, too. Flightboard was a skunkworks project by a few key developers and it has turned into quite the hit, as those things go. To ride the momentum, we re-prioritized a few things and now support Maps on Flightboard.
- If your company uses Maps, now you can simply navigate to a floor that has a map attached to it, and you’ll see the option to Launch Map. Do it, I dare you.