Our Add-in lives within your Outlook calendar so that the experience is simple and easy to use for those who are loyal to Outlook, as well as new employees who are scheduling a meeting for the first time. Book rooms based on location, availability, capacity, amenities, and more.
This article will guide you through installing and using the add-in. Let’s start with what you’ll need to have set in place first.
- Office 365, Exchange 2007 or later
- Outlook for PC (2007 or later), Outlook for Mac (15.35 or later), or Outlook.office365.com
- Admin access in Exchange/Office 365
- We also recommend adding the following to your spaces to get the most out of the add-in:
Once you’ve checked everything off the list, you’re ready to decide how you want to install the Teem Outlook Add-in.
Organization, ClickOnce, or Windows Installation
There are three different ways to install the Outlook Add-in: Organization, Windows, and ClickOnce Installation. If it’s possible for your organization, we recommend Organization Installation. Here are brief descriptions for each method that explain why Organization is the preferred method:
- Organization Installation can be easily deployed and managed across an organization from one place to all or a select set of users. Updates are automatically pushed out. Microsoft also uses the Organization method for their iOS, Android, and Mac deployments, and it's where Microsoft will focus their development.
- ClickOnce Installation must be installed and removed individually on each device by the user. For this installation, updates are pushed whenever the calendar application is opened.
- The Windows Installer can also be deployed to all or a select set of users and managed from one place like Organization Installation. However, updates need to be pushed out manually for every update.
See the list and flow chart below to determine what installation method works best for your organization:
For Organization Installation:
Outlook for Mac (15.35 or later)
Exchange 2013 and above, including Office 365
Organization, ClickOnce, and Windows Installation:
For ClickOnce and Windows Installation:
After deciding what installation method is best for you, use the drop-down menu below to proceed accordingly. Once you have finished installing the add-in, check out How to Use the Teem Outlook Add-in.
Organization Installation +
1. As an admin, navigate to the Exchange Admin Center by going to outlook.office365.com/ecp for Office 365 or https://yourmailserver/ecp/ for on-premise Exchange versions.
2. Click Organization on the left of your screen.
3. Then click on Add-ins
4. Near the top of the screen click the + button.
5. Then in the drop down menu, click “Add from URL”
6. Enter this URL into the box: https://o365.teem.com/manifest.xml
7. Click on the Teem Add-in.
8. Click Edit near the top of the page to make changes.
9. We recommend checking the “Make this add-in available to users in your organization” box as well as the “Mandatory, always enabled. User can’t disable this add-in” option.
You have now successfully added your Teem Outlook Add-in with Organization Installation! Great work!
Note: Our Teem Outlook Add-in can also be shared on a group by group basis using this method as well.
ClickOnce Installation +
In instances where Organization Installation is either not available or preferred, ClickOnce Installation may be used.
This installation method is done via ClickOnce. ClickOnce must be installed on each PC by the user on their designated user account. To deploy to an organization, an administrator can send out an email with a link to the download of the OutlookPluginSetup.exe. From there, users can download and run through the setup.
The installation instructions are the same for both the end user and administrators since you must be logged in to the user's account.
For information on ClickOnce please visit https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/142dbbz4(v=vs.90).aspx.
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Download the "OutlookPluginSetup.exe" from the download URL on the Teem website. https://outlook.teem.com/plugin/TeemOutlookSetup.exe
2. Run "OutlookPluginSetup.exe" from your downloads directory.
3. On the verify publisher screen click "Install."
4. The application is then downloaded and installed with no user input.
5. Once installed, click "Close" on the "The Microsoft Office customization was successfully installed" screen.
6. Your Teem outlook add-in has now been installed and will be available the next time you launch the outlook application.
Note: The error "An error occurred trying to download..." may indicate that a change is required to your Internet Options, found under the settings cog in Internet Explorer, or via the Control Panel: Internet Options \ Advanced \ Security | Do not save encrypted files to disk
1. Every time the outlook application is first opened the application will check for updates.
2. If an update is found it will be downloaded and applied automatically.
HOW TO UNINSTALL
1. Launch the "Add or remove programs" application.
2. Navigate to "Teem Plugin" and click "Uninstall".
3. Flow the appropriate prompts to finish uninstalling the application.
Windows Installation +
This particular installation was designed for silent deployments for large IT organizations. Using your preferred deployment method, you can use Windows Installer. Use this executable to begin:
By default, running the exe will start up an InstallShield Wizard, however, to install silently, run the installer with these flags which will force a silent no-user interaction installation:
TeemOutlookInstaller.exe /s /v"/qb"