Finder is a browser-based view of the current and upcoming availability of your organization's meeting rooms. These rooms are viewable by campus, building or floor.
Inspired by airport flight status monitors, Finder shows real-time status for the meeting rooms in your organization.
This feature was built in response to requests from our customers. Finder can be shown on a monitor in a central location on each floor for everyone to reference in a list or map view. Individual users of your Teem account can also view Finder in the browser window of their computer or tablet. One thing to note is that Finder does not book reservations. This is a read-only format of what's already booked!
Any one of your organization's Teem account users, whether admin or non-admin user level, can use Finder. Here's how to find it.
1. To launch Finder, click Employee Tools from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Select "Flightboard" (Finder).
3. You will be sent to the main Finder landing page, which introduces Finder and what it does. From there, you'll need to choose a location from the list on the left.
Depending on what you want to see, you can select an entire campus as the location, or drill down by building or even to a specific floor.
(Note: The setup of the location list mirrors how your Teem administrator has organized your company's conference room displays. Please contact your administrator if you don't understand the location list structure.)
4. After you've chosen a location, select the "Launch Flightboard" (Finder) button:
5. You should now see a color-coded list of availability details for the campus, building or floor you've selected. Refer to the list below for the color code key, or just remember what the colors on a stoplight represent.
Green: room is currently open
Yellow: indicates room is currently open but a reservation is set and will begin very soon
Red: room is currently being used
(Note: Some meeting titles may show up as "Reserved Meeting" instead of having a descriptive meeting name. When that happens, it means your company's Teem administrator has enabled a privacy setting to hide the meeting title for that particular room.)
Accessing Maps Views
If your organization uses our Maps feature, you have the option to launch Finder in a maps view.
1. Maps in Finder are only accessible from the floor level, so choose your campus, building and floor.
2. After you have chosen a floor that has a map attached to it, you'll see two buttons at the bottom of the selection window. Choose the Launch Map button:
3. You should now see a colored-coded map:
To bring back the full list of locations, simply use the dropdown arrow next to your current location selection, in the top left. Our screenshot shows Salt Lake City, for example.
Tips for Displaying Finder
Have some fun! Finder can be displayed around the office to give more visibility of your organization's space use and meeting habits.
TIP: Using a ChromeBox or Mac Mini is a great way to show Finder on almost any TV.