Maps is a wayfinding tool to help employees see general space availability and easily find their way around the office. Teem builds these maps for customers, by request. Before we dive in, there are a couple of things you need to have prepared:
- First, talk with your account executive to make sure your plan includes the Maps feature
- For Room Displays (EventBoard), ensure the device that will be utilizing Maps has been updated to version 2.8.6 or newer
- Maps must be configured first if you intending to use map views for Finder
Set up Spaces in the Teem Dashboard
Before any other steps are taken, it’s imperative that your organization’s spaces are set up in the Teem Admin Dashboard to mirror your physical office layout. For example, if you have one building with three floors and six rooms per floor, this should be reflected within the Teem Admin Dashboard. No other action can be taken until your spaces have been built out on the Teem side.
Note: If you have to delete a room and create a new one with the same name, that new room won't be available on the map. Please be mindful of this once your physical structure is duplicated.
Provide Floor Plan Images
Once you’ve entered your spaces into Teem, you’ll need to provide us with a floor plan of your workplace. Don’t worry if it doesn’t include every detail, but be sure to include important information like water fountains, restrooms, and anything else you would like included in the digital version. We will then use this floor plan as the foundation to create a simple and intuitive floor plan to be displayed throughout the Teem platform.
Example of Floor Plan Image
A few notes about the floor plan image:
1. This map file can be in PNG, PDF and JPEG formats. We prefer the image with the best resolution that you can provide.
2. We need a scale indicated on the map. This can be done with a measurement placed on a wall within the floor plan. We can scale against a visual representation.
3. We need notation on the map of room names, these must match the names in the Teem admin dashboard exactly.
4. Please note on the map or file name which campus, building, and floor each individual map represents.
5. We can add annotations for printers, food, drink, fountain, office supplies, first aid, and fire extinguishers. Mark those on the image files if you’d like them included in your final conference room display maps.
You’ll be contacted by your account manager when Teem has completed the maps for your organization to use. Please allow for 10-14 business days for this process.